District Secretary(BSNLEU), District President(TNTCWU),
The Principal General Manager,
No.BSNLEU & TNTCW/TNJ/2016-17/ dated at Thanjavur the 19.09.2017
Sub: Request to settle the Contract workers problems- reg
The following contract workers problems are brought to the notice of our union for settlement.
1. The amount deducted as EPF by the Online consultancy, Bangalore during the period from 01/06/2007 to 31/12/2008 neither remitted to EPF account nor refunded till date. It was informed that a sum of Rs.12 lakhs was withheld from the security deposit of the contractor for the settlement, but not settled. The matter may please be verified and necessary action may be taken to refund the amount to the concerned contract workers.
2. It is verified from the EPF office that the amount deducted as EPF by the Shree security agency during the period from 01/11/2015 to 30/09/2016 for 20 workers mostly from Area 1 not included in EPF account. Kindly arrange to reconcile, otherwise for refund.
3. The remittance details of EPF contribution not communicated to the workers by the Balaji agency, Tiruchy for the past one year.
4. Every month a sum of Rs.10- were deducted from the salary of the workers by the Balaji agency, Tiruchy for the past one year. It may be avoided.
5. Our circle union has given a call for agitation in front of CGM office, Chennai as hunger fast from 12.09.2017 to 15.09.2017 to settle the grievances of contract workers, and it was deferred towards the assurance given by Circle Administration to pay the wages before 7th of every month also bonus by the contractor. Therefore it is requested to ensure the minimum bonus of Rs.7000- to all the contract workers in our SSA.
6. As per Circle office guidelines, the Skilled/Semi-Skilled/Unskilled wages are implemented at many SSAs including Kumbakonam, but so far in our SSA it is not done. Therefore kindly look in to the matter to implement atleast from this month with the consultation with service unions.